Sunday, January 17, 2010

Cruisin' The Markets

A year ago LuAnn and I were just sick of the cold weather and she said I don't want to go through another January like this. I am usually gone for the NoTill conference and she is stuck trying to keep the farm running by herself. So I booked a for this week on the Celebrity Solstice with John Roach's group from Boca Raton, Florida. Cruisin' the Markets will allow us farmers to go to class each day while the wives catch some sun.

And, LuAnn's birthday is the 19th and I couldn't think of a better birthday president. We booked so early we got upgraded to the 16th floor in a Presidential Suite, whatever that means. We have never even been on a ship with that many floors. It will be interesting to compare Celebrity to NCL, Norwegian Cruise Lines.

That all started years ago when our friends Allen and Shelly wanted us to cruise with them to dance to Spike and the Bulldogs. I reluctantly agreed and now here we are on my fourth cruise. That Alaska cruise was fantastic but this time I get to integrate my passion of farming into a cruise!

Then John asks me to share some of my notill wisdom with the group. My idea is good yields at less cost, maximize the marketing plan and make more net profit without renting or buying a lot more land.

The sad thing this cruise was to stop in Haiti so I have no idea what has taken place since the earthquake. We will find out this afternoon.

I'll be thinking of you in the sunny sunshine this week...

Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment