Saturday, June 27, 2009

Church Suppers


We just ate too much at our church supper. You would have thought it was the last supper.

Two rows of tables 40 feet long with homemade dishes lined up on both sides of each row of tables. We tried, but we couldn't eat it all.

Every kind of fruit, salad, macaroni, potatoe, corn, beans, casseroles you can name. Dishes I never heard of. Fried chicken was the main course, not my thing but lots of other things to choose from.

Whoever made that sweet potato pie and pineapple upside down cake are first in my book but I never tasted one bad thing. I just ate too much, that is all.

They had all the ice water, tea, lemonade, and punch you would could want to wash it down. I think I better have some more ice water. Ice is a valued commodity today.

I have been to some large church dinners but I think that was the biggest spread of food I ever saw. All we had to do was bring a covered dish to share.

On the way home I saw wheat I think I would have had a combine into, perfect weather and it is ready.

I also saw too many ragweeds in bean fields like I have been fighting.

All in all a great day!

Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment