Saturday, October 29, 2011

32


It's 32 degrees on one thermometer and 31 on the other. That's the coldest it's been in a long time, I would imagine probably since March.

The house is toasty warm with the furnace set on 66 degrees and the pellet stove set on number 2 in LuAnn's office. It burned a $4 bag of wood pellets in the last 24 hours to do that. It has 5 settings and 2 is as low as it will burn.

Sable didn't seem to mind, although that is warmer in her crate area than it has been the past few weeks as the nightime temperate has slowly came down.

It sure has been another crazy weather year with 60 days of rain at planting time, record precip for the year and tied the record for consecutive 90 degree days. The crops didn't mind as the county agent reports most soybeans in the 50 bushel area and corn around 175.

I am trying to figure out how to get my cover crop rye seed on. It is getting late and I think I should have just forgotten about the idea in this late year. I hate to waste the seed and it will store until next year but I will get it on now if I get the chance.

It should have been seeded before the rain and it would be coming up. We just didn't get that done and still have soybeans to run before just shelling corn.

A week without rain would be great! But the fall color is still hanging on and we will take whatever we get.

Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment