Thursday, April 15, 2010

Drew Part II


Last night we enjoyed the Highland County Ohio Chamber of Commerce banquet. They saw another record breaking crowd as no one wants to miss out on the work of Katy Farber and all the businesses that support the Chamber's work.

A taste of Highland County was the meal again this year with eight catering operations from the county presenting chicken in every form imaginable, prime rib and ham and fruit and potatoes of all kinds to go with it. That was the best piece of cake I have had in years and I am not a cake eater.

The entertainment was Drew Hastings again this year, this time rather somber at the record high unemployment in the county, even since last year. I don't think Drew cares for this big government, like most people in the audience.

Drew writes in his blog:

Let’s get clear – when a conservative writes, it’s a “rambling manifesto”. When a Liberal writes, it’s blogging.I awoke from my nap a little while ago drooling on the pillow – a humbling and unbecoming experience. So here I write in an effort to forget my oral bedwetting experience….A few years back, we in Ohio were required to get mandatory automobile insurance. It was “for our own good”. Everyone would benefit, they said.And every year I look at one of the largest charges that make up my insurance premium: a charge for Uninsured Motorists.I’ve always thought of this as vehicular welfare – I’m paying for all the people that don’t or won’t get insurance. With this Healthcare Bill, It’s deja’ vu all over again.

It was good to see LuAnn's friends and associates again. Overall it was a good affair although the weather just made you think of all the things you didn't get done at home and on the farm!

Today is sunny and warm with a high expected over 80 degrees. No wonder corn planters are starting to roll even though it is just now tax day!

Have a great day,

Ed Winkle

No comments:

Post a Comment