Saturday, May 7, 2011

Kid Seeds


Our friend Sally on NewAgTalk posted a real winner of a picture on the Cafe last night. I always said kids are the best crop you will ever grow and now I have some proof!

You can vote for the picture here. It's a 10 in my book, no doubt. It took me awhile to get my vote in, I can't see well enough to get those encrypted passwords on the first try.

I got a message from Liam last night on Facebook, Papaw I miss you! No more than I miss you, Liam. Liam and his brother and sister moved to Lake Erie the first of March. He is coming down to visit this week and I can't wait to see him.

The little ones grow up so quickly. Madison, Brynn, Liam, Corbin, Claire, Caolin, Tyler, Finn, and baby Cleveland are growing so fast, too fast for Grandpa.

I always said kids are the best crop you will ever grow and these children and they are proof of that fact. Sowing seeds for the future is another good title a farmer gave this picture.

My friend Brad graduates from Wilmington College today. The first time I met him was seven years ago when we bought his grandpa's place. He was just a tall stringy kid then with big eyes and boy how he has grown in seven years! Now he is a young farmer with a college degree, a farm and machinery and a real estate license.

He's got a big challenge with his first big year of farming with no college involved. I never dreamed that he would graduate before he got to turn a wheel this year. God works in mysterious ways.

I wish every parent could give the attention to these little ones most farmers do. The world would be such a better place.

So here is hat's off to you responsible parents. You are the key to our society thriving and surviving! Parenting is no easy job but many of you make it look easy.

Mother's Day couldn't come at a better time.

Happy Mother's Day to all my readers who are mom's. I hope you enjoy your special day.

Ed Winkle

No comments:

Post a Comment