Sunday, October 31, 2010

Osteo Arthritis

Osteo arthritis gets in your joint is about like a fungal rot in a corn plant. Once it gets down, you wonder if it can get back up again.

I feel about as mature as this corn crop is, ready to harvest. If it goes down, it is not getting back up.

I have been reading about my ailments and have surmised I have a pretty severe case of osteo arthritis in my joints. I like the way this piece explains it all.

My left arm has been a real loss the last five years and now the balls in my feet are. I have lost the spring in my step, oh my! I feel like I am walking with club feet too often anymore.

Some people just slide right into their next age bracket but it is more like I fell through the floor and here I am. Yesterday I was expanding the farm and today I am in rehab talking to people my age worse off than I am!

Those knee replacements, you hear so many good results but I sure have met lots of people in rehab who wish they never had them.

Now they have meal and diet tips for us arthritic people! I thought this was when you were 80 years old and couldn't move!

We better freeze more meals ahead when we we feel like it!

The very worst joint is the finger to the right of my little finger on my left hand, my ring finger. It is swollen and stiff most of the time regardless of exercises, diet, or medication. It hurts to drive, it hurts to do anything but type, so you are stuck with me! It is very UN nerving to not be able to use a limb. I don't like those claw exercises for my hand because mine looks like a very wicked claw.

Driving 3,000 miles in 8 days never helped any of this. I guess you come to a point that you just don't get as far because you can't.

I have a bigger surprise coming for you in coming weeks.

Stay tuned.

Ed Winkle

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you create this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you?
    Plz respond as I'm looking to create my own blog and would like to know where u got this from. appreciate it

    Feel free to visit my blog - cheap auto insurance in ohio

    ReplyDelete