Thursday, November 10, 2011

Making Amends


The first thing I had to do this morning was go make amends to two dear friends.

I gave an interview this summer to a lady I trusted. I rarely turn down interviews to get out the good message on agriculture, notill, conservation, cover crops or whatever the subject is that I have some experience in.

I haven't seen the article yet but I was informed that it had misinformation in it. I don't know how it happened and it really doesn't matter, it happened and two friends didn't get credit for their ideas.

Another good friend read it and called to congratulate me and thank him for business I sent his way thanks to this blog. I told him to read the big message but some of the details were incorrect.

I really trust my circle of friends and they have to be able to trust in me. When something is not the truth and I find out, I must stop and address it immediately. Is it true, accurate and best for all parties involved?

Life is full of amends because we are humans and we make mistakes. We must see those mistakes when they come to us and try to improve upon them. That is what I do in making amends as I don't want anyone carrying around resentments about me when I can correct the issue when I find out about it.

Amending soil is about the same way. It is not perfect but it is the substance of life. Without soil, we as humbans would have no life as we know it. We haven't perfected aquaculture or space travel yet so our food comes from the soil.

Our spiritual food, peace and happiness comes from doing the right thing.

I did the right thing this morning and I hope you do, too.

Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment