Thursday, March 10, 2011

No Jobs


The data released this week shows our unemployment rate broke 15% again. This is not good. This is not good at all.Our family is blessed to have everyone employed. We are serious, well trained, hardworking people but there are many people who meet these qualities better than we do and they are unemployed.

I am sure the rate is higher than that but it really doesn't matter. There are so many who are underemployed or working just part time and just getting by. I don't know how they get by and I don't want to find out, either.

The problem is you can't turn this around over night. It all happened so gradually and it takes longer to build up than it does to tear down. We should have done something sooner before all this happened.

Now you see the unions hanging on their last rung in Wisconsin and Ohio and all over the nation. People are getting desperate enough to make anything happen. A politician has a step to stand on when his government owes more than it is worth.

I don't know where this all ends, I really don't. I don't think anyone can say they do but I am listening.

I wish the rain would end. I have had enough, Lord. Rain rain, go away, come back another day, how about August?

I don't think it works that way either.

Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment