Friday, March 11, 2011

News and More News


There is news streaming in from around the world. A large earthquake hit Japan after the big one in New Zealand and the video shows a coast being swept clean.

Farmers are really getting antsy on NewAgTalk. One of the farmers a few miles east of me posted a supposed finding by local land grant's that glyphosate damage is being blown out of proportion.

But I found two that really touched me heart. A boy in Iowa dying of cancer wishes to receive one million get well cards.

His name is Max Low and they call him Mighty Max.

Do Max and me a favor and mail him a get well card at Box 111, Neola, Iowa, 51559.

Ever since I met Loran Steinlage of West Union Iowa I have been praying for his son Rolan, with a cancer and near the same age as Max.

Then I prayed for DaNNY, the way he wrote his name and Harper Creek. The Lord took them both back. That's a good thing, isn't it? It sure doesn't feel like it down here.

So just send Max a get well card, mine is in the mail today.

Another farmer broke his neck in a fall from trimming trees on his farm, Shane Haas.

A young lady was killed driving a new Deere from one factory to the other near Waterloo, Iowa yesterday.

I bring these up only to remind us to be safe and pray for each other when we are ill. The million card wish is a good one so I thought I would share.

We have a new white blanket of snow, very unexpected.

I leave with a picture from Florida, one year ago, where it rarely snows.

Ed Winkle

2 comments:

  1. Mailing a card to Max. Let's all say a prayer for Max and for all the blessings we take for granted in our busy life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nebraska, that is really good. I hope all of you do the same. Yes we take these blessings for granted!

    ReplyDelete