Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!

It truly is a joyous Christmas here among all the sadness the world.  That is life isn't it?  Joy and sadness and if it comes too quickly your brain just can't process it all.

I got to talk to all of our grandchildren in 48 short hours.  That is no easy task these days!  I got to see them all in person, too, besides the Skyping and telephoning we do.  It's fun to try to talk to the little ones on the phone most of the time, if you can only understand what they are trying to say!

I have to tell you have that we have two fine young grandsons in Liam and Corbin.  They have their first years behind them and are set on a happy path of learning like I did.  I pray for that for the rest of their lives.  I felt really good about that this weekend.  Tyler and Finn are coming right along, too, and they have two good examples to follow.

The fog rolled in last night and I couldn't even see my woodpile from the house.  I had to turn the big lights on to find wood to put into the stove.  So, we changed plans and didn't get to see my cousins in Cincinnati.  We didn't go to Midnight Mass although I think I could have made it this year.  LuAnn was out by 9:30.  Her busy week caught up with her.  Maybe I didn't do my share.

It struck me in church this morning, I see God's plan for me clearly and it's not an easy one to follow.  The world wants to take you elsewhere.  I was watching the special about the Amish on public TV went LuAnn went to bed last night.  The one Amish woman struck me, too, with her words she is "kneeling before God all day" while she does her work and her chores.  "Your Will be done, not mine."  Boy, I have had to say that over and over the past few years.  It's the only thing that keeps me straight and keep me sane.

Even on Ag Talk you read about all these stories how the neighbors are cut-throat and this deal was bad and on and on.  I can't live like that.  I don't have to, either.  I can choose to follow the One who created me.  He lowered Himself before man in a manger of all places!  That fallen angel has too much power!  I see evil every which way I turn and it's often subtle, appealing messages!

We have to hunt for proper things to keep us occupied, you won't find much on the TV.  It's all over the Internet, too, but I can choose which channel I watch a little closer here and there is fortunately a ton of good stuff still on here.  This could be one place!  My own little channel, HyMark High Spots where we hit the high spots of life and talk about how to deal with the low ones.

That's what blogging does for me, keep my positive thoughts flowing.  I had no idea what I was going to write about when I posted a comment on yesterday's post a few minutes ago and here it is!

Hear the Good News!  A Saviour was born this day so your soul and mine wouldn't have to suffer Eternally!

That's the very best news I can give you!

A very Merry Christmas to you,

Ed Winkle

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Ed for another great post. Nothing beats family at Christmas time and mine were all home this year. Youngest daughter is married to a Lt Col in the air force and he got home Friday night from a deployment and they got here Sunday evening. I enjoy your blogs and please keep it up. God bless you and your family and hope you have a great new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We really enjoy the soldier coming home stories! We saw that happen in our own family when Will finished his service in the Marines and got to be a full time husband and dad.

    We've seen some amazing stories on the news. I wish they showed more positive news but like I said in the blog, bad things sell because they look more popular!

    ReplyDelete