Thursday, December 20, 2012

36?

Can you turn 63 into 36?  Some of the commercials I have seen would make you hope a woman can turn 43 to 34 and I have personally seen that.  But to turn an old crumudgeon back nearly 30 years???  "It ain't gonna happen!"

I don't feel like this black bear on a couch in a dump in Manitoba anymore yelling where in the hell is the remote!

That's like the night we bought the new farm on Greene Road a month ago.  The elderly lady cried out "I ain't signin' no papers! when her good husband of many decades raised his hand to bid!  We are still talking about that incident.

We go to close the deal this week and the attorney was my uncle's roomate in college!  Talk about a small, small world, we experienced it once again!

Look at the health differences in ages of people though.  I am sure you know what I am talking about.  The attorney is still practicing and my uncle is confined to a chair, though both are mentally sharp.  We are physical, intellecutal and spiritual, and "two out of three ain't bad!"

I can only dream about being 36 once more. That little girl who brought me her little girls and boys yesterday for my big surprise was only 4 years old!  My, that time has passed quickly in so many ways.  But it's been 27 years, too, so what have I accomplished?

Thanks to addressing life with my physical, intellectual and spiritual powers I have done quite well, thank you.  I made a lot of mistakes but by continually addressing those three gifts I have seen great things.  It's been "A Wonderful Life!"

So much more could be left at 63.  I still feel the warmth of yesterday.  Now I must continue to do my part.  In our readings this morning we talked about giving without excpecting anything in return.

In this Christmas season, let us pefect that!  I need to focus on giving without expecting a thing in return.  When I do, I know I have have done something right.

The winds are howling up here on the hill and it's just the start of this storm.  Here's wishing us all well through this and the many storms ahead!

Ed Winkle

2 comments:

  1. Happy 63, Ed. So by your count, I would have been 05 two weeks ago. That sounds about right, I hear some say...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had half as good a birthday as I had! I would take half of Wednesday's good cheer any day! Today's blog picture gives you a clue of what was going on! 50, 05, somedays I feel like 50 but act 05 and I hear some say that too!

    ReplyDelete