Saturday, December 22, 2012

Lack of Love

Unlike yesterday's picture, there is a lack of love in the world.  Some people are all lovy dovy until something makes them angry or life doesn't go their way.  I even saw that on Crop Talk when I pointed out I didn't think a story about a court judgment concerning a custom cutter taking more than his fair share of a customer's crop was worthy.  I knew that might when I posted it but it's my page too and I wanted to voice my opinion.  Oh, you can get in trouble doing that.

To me, Crop Talk was started as a place for farmers to share ideas and information about crop production.  We get way off topic sometimes but everyone is cool with it until the name calling starts.  That is not appropriate on any forum.

I could have kept quiet and let them bash the subject publicly but I decided to voice my opinion.  I see Crop Talk has degraded somewhat like the other forums on the site and the world in general.  This isn't the year 2000 when 12 farmers got together and came up with NewAgTalk.  We did that because our favorite hang out put banner ads on their pages and their site came to a crawl out in farm country with dial up connections.

There won't be any lack of love here in a few hours when we have our family Christmas party here.  They are more important than any ag talk so I better get my mind and soul ready.  First, I better finish cleaning my office~!  Grandpa's office is the junk room where everything not wanted in another room gets tossed because he is a slob himself!  It all fits right together!

The first day of winter was kind of brutal compared to the past few months, wasn't it?  I see many people can't get home for Christmas so I give my thanks for where I am right now.  The pellet stove must need cleaned again because it just went whacko and I was warned to shut down the woodstove so everyone doesn't have sweat running down their brow at dinner.

You sure can't please all of the people all of the time, but I better go try!  I will be like Liam here after awhile, pulling my ears wondering what the heck happened!

Ed

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The above comment is a piece of spam; you might want to delete it. I've noticed that forums deteriorate pretty quickly. There's always a few that think they know it all and want to bash anyone who disagrees. The only way a forum can stay civilized is to be moderated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Gorges, once again we learn. I go there to share my strength, hope and experience. Sometimes that gets rejected.

    I thought the whole thread should go to the Boiler Room or Cafe at best, the original post had already been posted on the Cafe anyway, as I stated.

    It's safer here, I can moderate the post above but I am always open for more comments.

    Thanks for reading Gorges, I don't know how you have time. I don't reciprocate as much as I should.

    You have a lot more experience writing than I do but I still like to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm it looks like your blog ate my first comment (it
    was extremely long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I had written and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying
    your blog. I as well am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to everything. Do you have any points for first-time blog writers? I'd genuinely appreciate it.
    Also see my page: Marc Primo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't post much on the farm forum as I just have problems with some comments that are made. Some are just plain cruel and I do not see any reason for it.
    I for one enjoy your posts and have learned a lot from reading them. Nobody has all the answers even at my age.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marc,

    I will write a blog just for you! It's an excellent question and will make a great topic!

    Unfortunately, I think the blogs I read are written by teachers or writers who were inspired to learn to write when they were young. I never quivered too much on essays, I could write the whole test period!

    Maybe it's just the gift of gab with some basic writing skills?

    My family and friends are all voracious readers if that give you any clues.

    Murray, thanks again for your comments. I have fought so hard to keep Crop Talk civil but I got pounded this week for expressing my opinion. I have never let it "run me Off" but that day well might come.

    Thanks, all, great discussion!

    Ed

    ReplyDelete