"7 qualities every farmer should have" would make a good blog topic. It's also been discussed on Ag Talk in the last month.
1. Farmers are friendly.
2. Farmers like to have fun.
3. Farmers are realistic.
4. Farmers live in a constant puzzle.
5. Farmers want to farm.
6. Farmers wear many hats.
7. Farmers have a story to tell.
I guess each one could be a blog topic or a series of them! I guess this appealed to me because the list pretty much describes me.
1. I never met a stranger
2. Life is too short not to have fun
3. I might live in a dream world a little but I've watched my dreams come true
4. Life is a puzzle and being a steward of God's creation helps me figure out the puzzle
5. You know I have always wanted to farm from the day my parents caught their 2 year old eating soil with a spoon!
6. The many hats farmers wear keeps farming from ever having a boring moment unless you are only a tractor driver. Then, are you really a farmer or just a "hired gun?"
7. Farmers do have a story to tell. I will give the Internet's popular ag forums credit for making this public and world wide. First it was Ag Online, then NewAgTalk took over.
I took a break from writing this and completed the dreaded 2012 Census of Agriculture. It wasn't bad at all and I complied to the laws of my country. That's a whole different blog topic but part of being a farmer.
Aren't farmers law abiding citizens?