Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!


The sun will soon rise like Christ. The Christ has risen, just like he said he would!


The Easter Story has been passed down over 2,000 years now. It is a good one. The best one ever, in fact.


God creates man and becomes one Himself to show him the Way. He Teaches throughout his life here on earth but man has a hard time understanding how this could be. Some believe, others don't and crucify Him right here on earth.


He knows they are going to, he created them. He tells them he will be crucified and even his believers can't believe that until they see it. Still some don't believe. He goes through terrible persacution by the men He created, dies, is buried, descends to the Dead and rises again as the Living God.


He comes back for proof and still some of his believers don't believe. He walks with two of the on the way to Emmaus and they don't even know who He is until he breaks bread with them.


How many "doubting Thomas's" have you known?


Some men have worked 2,000 years to disprove this story. Still, they cannot. Yet they won't believe. In the mystery of life, it is pretty easy for me to believe this story. I am banking my future on it. What is the worst that can happen, that I am wrong? I will take that chance.


I get along with Believers a lot better, too. They are good people, the kind of people you want to be around. I will be around them today, good fun, Happy Easter!


This has been a revealing Lenten season for me, I hope it has been for you. I never dreamed I would be talking about these things when I started this on January 1. I thought I would be talking about my love of agriculture which I have most days.


But I mainly write what is on my mind and what I am going through each day. So it is right I be honest with you and share every thought I dare share.


The planting season is upon us here in southwest Ohio. Another great promise in the mystery of life. Lots of good stories will be made, some will be passed on, others forgotten. That goes right along with the Easter story.


Now that is a pretty good message!


Ed Winkle

2 comments:

  1. Ed, like all your comments.
    Have been having a frustrating time on my side of the country.
    Understand what you mean about being with believers you probably saw my post about my friends father, Mr. R.
    I've been trying to find out more about him online. Mr. R's obit has appeared on sites frequented by the young and superior people. With-it and high tech. There is an amazing amount of anti-christian sentiments on the sites. I don't understand it really. What has a Christian person done to you? Cut off your head? Sent you to a concentration camp in Siberia? While a lot of my "screwedupness" could be attributed to my restrictive Christian upbringing, so can most good things about my character. When I have been dishonest, or moronic, it has always been a result of me NOT following my Christian beliefs.
    Why is it any more strange to believe in Man-made global warming than that God? (For example) We believe what we want to believe. I teach my daughter Christianity because it formed the frame work of our world. Because, Christ died for our sins. We have forgiveness and a hope beyond this life. If she is a Christian she will have instilled a built in belief system and understanding of right and wrong that will not be changed by what ever political-social winds that may blow. Meaning, She won't steal from you, curse loudly, steal your husband, or worship MLK, BO, and Algore...Which I guess kind of defeats the point of the modern education system.
    PS: My favorite moment on Public Broadcasting was when Rev. Jerry Falwell explained the plan of salvation to Terry Gross-Fresh Air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the Devil himself. He has these people convinced Hell is not a bad place or it doesn't even exist. Believe me it exists! Any non-believer listen to Father Corapi a few weeks and tell me the man says one lie. Most fact about life I ever learned, started listening two years ago. After one hour, I was hooked.

    Anyone who reads this and doubts or is in real trouble, hurting, desperate, needs help, I ask you to pray the Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary. You don't have to be a Catholic to pray it. They don't pray to Mary, they ask her to intercede. Anyone can do it.

    It works miracles.

    ReplyDelete