Monday, February 25, 2013

What Is New?

You know how you talk when you see an old friend and you ask what is new?  What is new, blog readers?  I've lost touch with what most of you are doing.  What is new under the sun?  I have been reading Solomon some and trying to understand his ancient but valid writings.  It is almost the season to plant again so I asked a question on Crop Talk, would you plant in March again?

There was the most beautiful full and yellow moon out the wood porch when I got up this morning.  That is quite unusual as the moon is usually on the other side of the farm over by neighbor Darrell's house.  He called me and asked what was up since the farm was lit up like a runway while we were gone.  That contractor sure likes to burn my electricity!  I have to pay him AND the electric company!  I don't think he figured that out.

Matt called with great news of all of his FFA activities.  His students won district Extemporaneous and Prepared sections.  I don't ever remember that happening in my lifetime but maybe it did.  My best speakers over 24 years had difficulty winning a district contest.  This region is always so competitive in every FFA event that it is not uncommon to get a state or even national winner.  It was good to see FFA have a great National FFA Week last week.

I woke up singing Waltzing Matilda.  I hadn't heard that song in years until our ship pulled into the port at Adelaide.  It turns out that I have many NAT friends within 100 miles of Adelaide.  I don't know if I will ever get to meet them or not.  We were fortunate to pull off this trip.  The stars had to align just right.

I am starting to forget what Adelaide, Esperance and Albany looked like.  We are going to have to download our pictures and upload some to Facebook.  That's the easiest way for us to share them at this point.

We are just barely surviving and adjusting to our torn up home.  This seemed like such a great idea to try and remodel while we were gone until they ran into all those unforeseen problems.

I am going back to the doctor today.  I need to just get feeling better.  My bronchitis is back with vengeance.

Ed

2 comments:

  1. Thought Waltzing Matilda was an Irish ballad with Australian words, but the melody is apparently Scottish, same Celtic culture so not too far astray. There's no telling what your average American pot smoker think a billybong is, but take heed from the song that it can lead you to your death! ;)

    I listened to a couple of really good country/folk albums over the week-end, like Mount Moriah's "Miracle Temple" or 77 Bombay Street's "Oko Town". I woke up listening to the latter, not singing to it, didn't know the words yet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, so true! They sounded Irish but were definitely proud Australians.

    It was a treat to recieve the greeting as it was the first time this ship had docked there.

    Liam, Caoilin, Finn and Dierdra get their share of Celtic gig!

    I miss those little guys, got to find a way to get up there and see them.

    Ed

    ReplyDelete