Wednesday, February 27, 2013

No DSL

LOL, thanks readers!   I have 3 comments with no blog text!  That is a first!

Frontier doesn't like the idea of shutting down the landline, I guess.  We went to the Verizon store Saturday and started the process of putting our landline number on their hotspot.  That has happened and if you call the home phone number now, it works.

Unfortuantely my DSL died at the same time.  They promised that wouldn't happen, LOL.  I knew it would.  Landline and DSL share a common line, you know but I played along like this was all going to work.  Here I sit in a public library with a lonely dog at home in the snow while I try to access my accounts.

For someone who does not treasure change, I sure am going through a lot of it.  Maybe that new walk in shower upstairs will be worth all of this.  That is where it started, you know.  The O ring in the old bathtub broke and leaked water onto the kitchen ceiling and years and thousands of dollars later here I sit.  It's all connected, though you wouldn't know it if I didn't tell you.

I wonder how our friends in Iowa are doing?  Better than this, I hope, though hog and cattle chores in winter were never that fun for me.  They were excting for sure but that is for younger bodies than we own now.

I haven't been able to read enough email to see how you all are doing.  You are all doing well, I trust.  The news is focused on the terrible sequester cuts we really need anyhow and everyone is worried about a new Pope when the former one is still alive.  A lot to do about nothing, I am sure.

I am still not up to par.  I can't get all of the congestion out of my lungs and it leaves me coughing, though less and less, and tired.  I haven't had the energy to do much anything but try and cope with all of the changes at home that require a lot of noise and dust.  A peaceful plact, it has not been.

Here's hoping the best for you and Internet service for me!  That's all I need right now in the comfort, cough, cough, of my own home!

I better get home, I think Sable might need a cool drink and a Puparoni!

Ed

3 comments:

  1. Wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with the 6-strike anti-piracy measure that starts this week. ISPs are probably installing all sorts of hardware and software to spy on customers. Or maybe it's customers downloading like mad during their last days of freedom...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so interesting! I don't suppose I've read a single thing like this before. So great to find another person with some genuine thoughts on this subject matter. Seriously.. thanks for starting this up. This website is something that's needed on the internet, someone with a
    little originality!

    Here is my blog ... buy instagram likes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Original spam from the well known anonymous!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete