Thursday, April 26, 2012

Another Bad Blogging Day


But that is what you get, "for free!" Nothing is free in life is it? I have a bunch of links to share and not sure if I can do it with this basic html editor page but I will try.

The good news is we got a bunch done yesterday! I got 120 acres planted and 175 sprayed thanks to my great help! Thank you all!

We have talked about mentoring recently and I have been doing that and going to my own mentors. I have many great mentors, very special people in my life. I thank you, too!

"Strong Mentors Help Build Character
by Steve Arterburn

Listen to advice and accept correction, and in the end you will be wise. Proverbs 19:20 NCV

Would you like a surefire way to build character? If so, then you should find suitable mentors-men and women whose character you admire-and imitate them.

A savvy mentor can help you make character-building choices. And just as importantly, a thoughtful mentor can help you recognize and avoid the hidden big-time mistakes that can derail your day (or your life).

Wise mentors aren't really very hard to find if you look in the right places (but they're almost impossible to find if you look in the wrong places!). So today, as an exercise in character-building, select from your friends and family members a mentor whose judgment you trust. Then listen carefully to your mentor's advice and be willing to accept that advice even if accepting it requires effort or pain, or both. Consider your mentor to be God's gift to you. Thank God for that gift, and use it.

The next best thing to being wise oneself is to live in a circle of those who are. C. S. Lewis

It takes a wise person to give good advice, but an even wiser person to take it. Marie T. Freeman

The man who never reads will never be read; he who never quotes will never be quoted. He who will not use the thoughts of other men's brains proves that he has no brains of his own. C. H. Spurgeon

The effective mentor strives to help a man or woman discover what they can be in Christ and then holds them accountable to become that person. Howard Hendricks

Character builder
Rely on the advice of trusted friends and mentors. Proverbs 1:5 makes it clear: "A wise man will hear and increase learning, and a man of understanding will attain wise counsel" (NKJV). Do you want to be wise? Seek counsel from wise people, starting today."

I thought this was a great piece to share and what I am trying to follow mentoring wise, both receiving and giving.

Here are some links that caught my eye on various subjects:
Fantastic set of pictures set to music, met this man's friend Bud on our trip to Holland.

History of John Deere seeding equipment.

What we waste on lunch and coffee!

Let's see if these work. I will post more as I come across them.

Have a great day, better than my current blogging experience!

Ed

2 comments:

  1. Wasn't it a problem with your browser?
    If so, try installing another one.

    I have all the main ones installed for debugging purpose when this kind of things happen:

    https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=5a853edbdfb27f0b#cid=5A853EDBDFB27F0B&id=5A853EDBDFB27F0B!555

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really understand why you are having a problem with blogger. I tried a couple different programs. I do not have Internet Explorer installed on anything. I tried my GPS tablet computer with Windows XP but all I have for a browser is FireFox. It worked fine.
    Safari works on the Mac but again, all I really use is FireFox.
    At one point I saw a button to go back to the old interface but I can't seem to find it anymore.

    ReplyDelete