Sunday, January 4, 2015

Thank God I am home!

On December 15 I became very ill and my blood pressure dropped to 80/40, the lowest of my life as far as I know of.  I had LuAnn on call and had to call her and ask her to take me to a hospital.

I was admitted to Bethesda North on Montgomery Road in Cincinnati that afternoon.  My organs were starting to shut down and seven teams of doctors were brought on board to try and save me.

Thanks to your prayers, the doctors skilled hands got me under control but they found small cell cancer in my liver, a very rare and fast growing cancer.  I took two treatments which was 80% of a normal dose and things slowly started to get better to the point I was just released an hour ago.  I wanted to tell my trusted readers and ask for your continued prayer and support.

I can't begin to tell you what all happened in those 20 days but I can tell you it was a lot.  Thanks to prayer I have made it this far.  I start round 2 chemo next Monday.

I am so thankful to be alive to to read and hear all the well wishes from my friends all over the globe.

I will try my best not to let you down and thank God for saving me this far.

Blessings to all on this very Blessed Sunday, your friend in agronomic crime,

Ed Winkle

12 comments:

  1. Ed W. ,you know your extended NAT family has been praying for your safe recovery and return to health ,these life moments really change our perspective on everything and what really is important....wishing you again a fast,healthy recovery.-kevin in Ontario

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Ed, take it one season at a time, you know, like farmers do! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you & your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wondered why I hadn't seen any posts. I'll be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you and your family. May God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see you are up and able to blog again. I'd read of your health problems over on agtalk. Hoping you will continue to improve and regain your health.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get well. I love disagreeing with you. Get well. You have a powerful voice.

    David Seck

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear you are home Ed. God bless you and we hope for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ed, You are in our prayers. Nice to see the updates on NAT. Jeff Hodel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Guys, you brought tears to my eyes. I am one happy guy to be alive this morning. I have to find help for LuAnn, this is too much on her at this time. I would not be alive without her.

    Ed

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is good that you were able to post the message. We are continuing to pray for you both. Keep up the positive attitude as it is important. God Bless you both.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to see you back posting Ed. We missed you,

    ReplyDelete