Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Daily Inventory

"The spiritual axiom referred to in many times and places, throughout our lives—"every time we are disturbed, no matter what the cause, there is something wrong with us"—also tells me that there are no exceptions to it. No matter how unreasonable others may seem, I am responsible for not reacting negatively. Regardless of what is happening around me I will always have the prerogative, and the responsibility, of choosing what happens within me. I am the creator of my own reality.
 
When I take my daily inventory, I know that I must stop judging others. If I judge others, I am probably judging myself. Whoever is upsetting me most is my best teacher. I have much to learn from him or her, and in my heart, I should thank that person."
 
We have been reading to each other for the past two years as we advance our search for our own spirituality.  We find this very helpful to start our busy day.  When we are too busy to do this, we often slip into a pattern of angst and frustration!
 
I never knew how to live a balanced life, I always burned the candle at both ends.  When age caught up with me and I couldn't do all the things I wanted to do, I had to re-assess what I was doing.  The diet we are on is addressing the chemical and biological parts of our body that has a huge impact on our spiritual and mental ability.  LuAnn has been dealing with the passing of two uncles, the tragic death of one of her coworkers in a house fire.  I lost many good friends this summer.  It makes you think about your own destiny.
 
Now that we have responsibility to our many children and grand children, we takes these changes seriously but with a light and positive heart.
 
I am so blessed, I was blessed with another good crop and have winter wheat that is long as my index finger, 4 inches tall.  I was disappointed that our new tile from the water way was not running water yesterday.  The six inch main was running a big stream.  It's OK, we will figure that out some day.  Those are just the things that give me satisfaction and help me make enough money to live and help others.
 
My spiritual condition is so much more important.
 
Don't you agree?
 
I share a recent picture, I hope you enjoy.
 
Ed Winkle
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment