Friday, November 9, 2012

Three Good Days

We are probably having the last three good outdoor work days left in 2012 here in southwest Ohio.  I have so much to get done.  We both slept like a rock last night.  I left our bedroom window open yesterday so we went to bed to crisp, cool air and slept so good under those blankets.

Right or wrong I am goin to drill the rye I bought on my last acres.  Just maybe I will have everything sown the way I want it be when these days are gone.  I may not see that rye until next spring but I know it will be there.  That farm looks ragged anyhow with weeds grown around the edges and there is nothing like the look of a farm to me that is all drilled down with tons of residue.

I keep trying to melt that residue back into the earth it came from.  I am trying to increase biological activity on the good side.  Jack is coming out to take out the last tree in the middle of one field which will be a big job.  I hope he can dig on one side and we can push it over and cut it up.  I will mark some tile holes to dig up while he is there so we can see what the tile and subsoil looks like on that farm.  If you read my blog you know how I love doing that.

I've taken a tremendous amount of crop off that farm in three years.  It has to produce a good crop to make the payments.  Still, it has a lot of interest as I have several people interested in buying that farm.  We need something a little closer to home so I don't know how that is going to work out.  I have been looking at 1031 exchanges and other properties we could invest in.  I will have to turn that over to the Lord and look to His guidance.

He sure has taken good care of us both and all our kids and grandkids.  We give Him great thanks.  Now we have to be open to do His part, not ours.  I have a talk scheduled tonight with my fellowship group and that will surely come up.

The neighbor boys helped me get the first load of cut up logs off that farm last night.  We have several more to haul out of there.  This morning though, the Chevy will be tied up hauling rye seed.  I have a busy weekend scheduled for that truck this weekend.

All the friends we meet aren't talking about the election.  They quickly grumble and we change the subject.  The leaders we wanted for this country didn't quite get elected after billions of dollars wasted trying to elect them.  I heard something like 3 billion was spent on these campaigns?  I don't know if that is true or not but we know it was a ton of money that should have been put to better use.

Only the media got rich off this deal.  Maybe we need a law to limit campaign funding even more than what we have.

Say a little prayer for us and we will for you.  Have a great day,

Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment