Wednesday, November 7, 2012

This Isn't Your Grandpa's USA

When I realized which direction the election was going last night, I caught a line from a farmer on NewAgTalk.  He said, "this isn't your grandpa's USA."  That summed it all up for me right there.  Sorry grandpa, we tried.  Greed has made the white men leaders of this country look less than honorable so average Joe is sticking with welfare.  We are a welfare state.

One portion of our new society has made our country illegitimate, another portion won't learn the language so we have to press one for English and another portion does not believe in traditional marriage.  The young people are confused so we just have to keep leading by example.  Somehow, I have to find a way to function in this new society.  I don't believe in it, I don't agree with it but I have to learn to live within it.

Both my major candidates got defeated so I have the same president and the same senator.  Both are too liberal for me and don't believe in what I do.  All my blogs did was clearly state my position and now I am the minority and must learn to live with that.

I have always considered myself a minority, though.  I am male, white, and an agriculturist so my destiny was determined at birth.  I must live within that.  The rest of the world needs my skills and talents so I must keep refining them and honing them so I can help feed them.  That is my part in this world.

So, I hope you see a lot more agriculture from this blog in the coming days and a lot less politics.  I put myself out there to speak out my beliefs but I am a minority.

No one told me it was flat tire day, either.  I went to the shop and noticed the left rear on the sprayer is flat.  I went to old red the Dakota and noticed the right rear is low.  But I did find good news, or it found me!

Becky let us know that grandchild number 11 may be born today!

So as we seek that silver lining in these gray clouds this morning, see you later!

Ed

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Congratulations, that's what makes it all worthwhile; Family, faith, community, to help us through the dark days ahead. It certainly was a victory for the forces that have been trying to destroy our country for a long time. The president said so himself.

      Delete
  2. Thanks, Gorges and Rollan, you make writing this stuff worthwhile!

    ReplyDelete