Sunday, March 1, 2015

The Power Of Blogging

I am trying to recover from this week's treatments so I let LuAnn talk me into accompanying her to CVS and Kroger.  I had a long walk through Kroger but I didn't think I was going to make it.  She is always right if I can do it, the walking helps my nerve pain.

We got our groceries put away and I was able to eat a tuna fish sandwich for lunch.  I was sipping on green tea with an oatmeal cookie when a van pulled into our drive.

Our new neighbor reads my blog and brought us flowers and dinner!  I was hoping I would get to meet her someday because the last time I heard from her, she said she would be moving to our area.  Her family bought one of our friend's house just past the covered bridge!

The neat thing is we share the same faith and go to the same churches.  We had to see each other before but didn't know what each other looked like!  Her timing was perfect because I really need prayer today and needed to talk to someone about our faith.  God brought both to me thanks to her.  Laying my life out there for everyone to read paid big dividends today.

LuAnn and I are humbled by the support we have from all over, next door to New Zealand and just about everywhere.  I pray for all the wonderful people praying for me and give thanks for all I've got.  Right now is really scary but we all have scary parts in our lives.  I've learned that people make the difference and God uses them to speak to me.  I like it when that happens because that reminds me we are all in this together.

When the Pharisees heard that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered together, and one of them, a scholar of the law tested him by asking, "Teacher, which commandment in the law is the greatest?" He said to him, "You shall love the Lord, your God, with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the greatest and the first commandment. The second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. The whole law and the prophets depend on these two commandments" (Mt 22:34-40).

Can we do this with all our heart, all our soul and all our mind?  We are fragile and broken and we fail but when we live these commandments, I do believe the angels rejoice.

I hope I can do this with everyone I meet.  Sometimes I don't but when it works out like it did today for us, we rejoice also!

Blessings to all my readers, especially our "new" neighbors.  You sure made two people happy today.

Ed Winkle

No comments:

Post a Comment