Monday, August 6, 2012

Thanks, Readers

Thanks, readers, and thank you AGCO. I just recieved this in my inbox so my readers are the very first to know!

"Congratulations!

On behalf of AGCO we would like to thank you for your entry into the AGCO Farm Sustainability Blog contest. You have been chosen as a winner and will be featured on the AGCO blog! (AGCO does reserve the right to make minor changes to your blog post based on content sensitivity) You will also have the opportunity to select from four different organizations and AGCO will donate $500 on your behalf! Please respond to this email within 5 business days with your selection of organization. Once again we thank you for your story and submission, it was greatly appreciated.

Organizations to choose from:

National FFA Organization
ACDI/VOCA
Farm Safety 4 Just Kids
Instituto Agronômico de Campinas

Thank you,

AGCO Corporation

Seasoned readers, which one am I going to pick? Each comment will add to my readership count, so chime in, anonymous or not!

Here is a link to the winning blog if you did not see it.

Thanks again devoted readers and thanks to AGCO. This is the best prize for my blog so far. How did you like yesterdays? Did I cop out?

I think you would rather have me write a story or tackle a problem like resistant weeds or what is wrong with our corn?

Right?

Ed



3 comments:

  1. I receive the same mails as you every day.
    Well, almost the same. They say "You're a whinner!"
    Congrats, Ed, it's nice to win and even nicer to be able to donate.

    All 4 seem well-funded, maybe except for the third one, so I'd choose between them and the FFA.
    None of them seem to be much about sustainability though, weird choice for such a price.
    They would have done better sending you into some African country that will import its grain at top dollar this year, that would have been interesting...

    My charity is Oxfam, they were the only ones I could find that work with kids without being a religious organization.

    I think people would rather have you write about what's right with the corn! Don't change anything.

    Sorry, I would have commented on your blog post today, but my browser Firefox is incompatible with yours, so I can't see the picture in your blog and I can't read the text either... ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to learn Firefox so I can see if they will support the picture uploader there.

    Of course it was my career and my passion but I have seen FFA do more good for young people at a critical stage in their development than any other program I have been associated with. That includes academics, trade schools, languages, mathematics, music or art.

    I use my FFA and typing skills more than any other every day of the week and so do millions of others.

    Ed

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that working on young people "yields" the best results, that's why I chose Oxfam.

    There's nothing to Firefox, really, it makes itself rather transparent to the user and let you focus on browsing, not learning a new software. Just let it import your existing bookmarks (favorites) and set it as the default browser, and you can use it in parallel with Internet Explorer as you discover it.

    ReplyDelete