Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Craig's List

How many of you have used Craig's List? I have been looking at it occassionally since our son Eric sold his Dakota quickly on it a few years ago. I should have bought his for the price he got, it was a little better deal than mine.

Farmers talk about Craig's List quite often on NewAgTalk. Often they make fun of the listings they find there, especially land for rent or those who want to rent it.

Before the Internet, I used the Trading Post. It was a regional weekly trading paper where I bought and sold a LOT of things. That paper got me started in my turbocharger business in the 70's when I bought out all of the chargers a guy had for sale. I turned a thousand dollars into about ten thousand on that deal.

Now I need to find a new home for the old Dakota. The Dakota has an interesting history. The first one was built in 87 and the last one was produced last year. It had a pretty good career for Chrysler but nothing like the Caravan that practically kept Chrysler alive.

I have a couple of friends in mind who need transportation right now and they both have some mechanical skills. I am going to let that play out and see what happens. Until then, it isn't winter yet and there is plenty of room here for another gas guzzler. Besides, it is a parts truck for its replacement, right? I hope LuAnn doesn't read that.

I guess I could always put it on Craig's List. They sure move a lot of stuff on there daily if the price is right.

Ed

2 comments:

  1. I don't really use Craig's List, or eBay for that matter.
    A friend of mine used it rather frequently and successfully for dating one-night-stands!
    The joys of modern life...

    Hey, I still don't see any pictures in your blog, so I assume you still have the problem.
    A couple of Blogger top contributors are asking for the browser and other information I already mentioned in your first text-only post, you should answer this thread to see what they can find:
    https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/blogger/QjmlHRvMFRo/4URhXKK90pkJ
    Say you are Chimel's friend. ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some say Firefox will cure my problem. I haven't had the time or initiative to do it. Thanks, though.

    Ed

    ReplyDelete