Sunday, February 8, 2015

Ten Bible Verses For Cancer



  • Matthew 10:30-31And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
  • Isaiah 41:10So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
  • Matthew 28:20 - and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with youalways, to the very end of the age.
  • Psalms 62:6-8Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.
  • Exodus 14:14 - The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.
  • Psalms 139:17How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them!
  • Isaiah 43:1But now, this is what the Lord says— he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
  • Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
  • Psalms 55:22Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.
  • I Peter 5:7 - Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

  • Becky sent these to me  one morning and I have to report they help my faith in this new endeavor.  I've quoted the first verse most of my life and it is just as true today as the first time I read it.

    Something really lifted my spirits last night.  It is so difficult to stay positive.  I've got my give a darn attitude back and it is the best for me.  It admits I can't change or effect very little but what I do is really important.

    We tried to Skype the Cleveland, Ohio kids but that didn't work so Liam and I just old stories on the phone.  That lifts me up even more.  I took Sable to Brown's General Store and bought a Power Ball ticket, a candy bar for LuAnn and I and Sable got her Milk Bone treats.  I hope this good feeling carries on through the night.

    I wish you all a blessed Sunday and thank you sincerely for your notes, your thoughts and most importantly your prayers.

    Ed Winkle

    3 comments:

    1. Great list for all of us. It's a new day and you can only take it one day at a time so enjoy today.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thanks Linda, I am today. I appreciate you reading and I really appreciate your feedback.

      We took a trip to Hillsboro just now so that's the first time for me in 2 months. Seems like yesterday yet it seems like forever.

      Ed

      ReplyDelete
    3. Verses? I just read today that no verses or no words works even better:
      http://explosm.net/comics/3831/ ;)

      ReplyDelete