Sunday, July 14, 2013

Catch Me!

LuAnn surprised with me with a good NFL tackle this morning.  I was going to my fellowship meeting and she asked to go along so she could work on her marketing course she starts teaching next month at the community college.

No problem, that is until she couldn't get her office door unlocked.  The lock assembly was loose and neither one of us could get the door unlocked.  She even tried other doors, but that key only opens the front door.

On the way back from trying another door, she tripped and knocked me to the ground in a second.  We were both stunned!  I hit the building and she fell on top of me knocking me into the gravel.  I was the only one bleeding.  Now I have two band aids and she has none.  She was thankful I was there to catch her fall though we didn't plan it that way.

When I fall, I hope someone is there to catch me, too!  She is often there to catch me but not always.  It can be a physical fall, a mental failing or a spiritual fall.  Just catch me!  Who depends upon you to catch them when they fall and who do you depend upon to catch you when you do?

If we had a video of that escapade I am sure we would all laugh.  We really all need each other because we are all human.  We all fail and we all fall some way or the other at some time.  Now I was happy I caught her fall because she would be one "skinned up monkey" if I hadn't.

I laughed at ourselves on the way to the meeting but when I got there, it quickly turned to tears.  One of our fellowship had passed away during the week and everyone was sharing their experience with that person.  I didn't know him, not sure I ever met him but I felt their pain.

Life is short and we have no idea how short it is.  It seems like time just flies the busier we are and everyone I associate with is extremely busy right now.  It's summer, it's hot, but the work must be done.  Learning how to pace yourself has never been a quality LuAnn or I possess.  The same is true of most of the people we associate with, but that's life.  There are no slackers in our group.

We are older now and we have gotten a little better at pacing ourselves but we still have that drive.  Our bodies can't keep up with it so well so we must learn to slow down and pace ourselves.

Yesterday we got to slack a little when two of the grand daughters crashed at our house Friday night.  They slept like little angels.  We all enjoyed a hearty breakfast thanks to farmerrob from Illinois who brought gifts of pork last month.  Then, Brian and Miriah from NAT stopped by on their way home to Indiana after visiting Niagra Falls, near LuAnn's old stomping grounds.  We talked and talked and next thing we knew it was 1 o'clock!

It's much easier when someone is there to catch your fall.  That's a great time to reflect upon what should I really be doing right now?

Have a blessed Sunday,

Ed Winkle

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're both alright. I'm also glad you know that someone "has your back."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunday was one of those days. I knew something was going on in Heaven. I saw the obituary of two friends in the paper and then I read the story of my friend Chris in Tennessee losing his wife.

    I just got home from two visitations.

    Wow.

    Ed

    ReplyDelete