Sunday, May 12, 2013

Dog With A Blog

Hello, this is Sable Von HyMark, the famous German Shepherd writing you from Martinsville, Ohio.  You haven't heard from me for awhile because the boss won't let me in the house.  Now that it's spring time, Mrs. Boss doesn't want to clean up my shedding fur and makes me stay outside until the boss goes to bed.  Man, he has been staying up too late!

Either way, I wish Mrs. Boss Happy Mother's Day and all of you mom's reading out there.  I don't get let in here too often so I have to make my wishes quick, succinct and sincere.


Happy Mother's Day all you moms.  Mrs. Boss, I really like the time you spend with me.  Sorry I got too excited the other day and almost drug you toward the animal farm down the street by the old covered bridge.  I love to go down there and sniff around and the only way I am allowed is if you find my leash and take me you with.

It's been pretty lonely around here with you two gone all the time.  I miss our rides together in the pickup truck.  You KNOW how much I like doing that but the new farm, I have hope.  You know I love to run around there and protect you both.

Until then I'll just keep chasing the birds and people away from the farm.  It's a pretty good place and I did win the doggy lottery.

Love,

Sable Von HyMark

2 comments:

  1. Mike Huckabee had a good one on Mother's Day:

    "I hope you had a wonderful Mother’s Day weekend. And if you’re a mom, I hope you made out well. The National Retail Federation estimates that Americans spent $20.7 billion on the holiday, including $3.5 billion on brunches alone. The average American spent $169 on his or her mom, and that’s up 11 percent from last year. By the way, when Woodrow Wilson signed the resolution proclaiming Mother’s Day a national holiday in 1914, there was only one thing you had to do to celebrate it: fly the flag. Obviously, Woodrow Wilson was never a mother. And he never heard of brunch."

    Ed

    ReplyDelete