Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Hairs On Our Head

Our days are numbered like the hairs on our head.  Before I went to bed last night I caught this man's plight in the Cafe.  I was reminded of many such situations in the past, including my own.

Another friend posted this about her brother.  This July will mark 30 years he has been gone and the family still remembers.  Wow, that is a long time to not forget so vividly.  I remember the tractor pull that night on the King's Island football field, a first and only.  I remember getting the sad news the next day.  I sure remember the funeral where I spoke in this young man's behalf and met Father Jim.  I wish I still had those words I delivered.

"So hard to believe it.....But my brother would have been 50 Years Old today on April 9... I just cannot believe so much time has past by since we celebrated his last Birthday here with us... He had just turned 20 and his life was just beginning.. I remember him talking about his plans and how excited he was to purchase his own farm and start his life with his daughter.. For all of you who think for one minute, that you have all the time in the World or it could never happen to you..this is living proof of how wrong you truly are...He left the house after cultivating his crops in the field and was wishing for rain, due to it being so dry and never returned..never returned to help bale his field of hay he left behind and was anxious to get in.... never returned to hold his daughter one more time and tell her how much he truly loved and adored her... she was his life! Do you think for one minute that if he knew he would never return, that he would have left without a warning, a fight or his fields left undone or the biggest thing of all.... his daughter being pryed from his arms... life is too short, so precious and unpredictable so make the most of it and enjoy it while you still can with the ones who mean the most to you..."

I couldn't summarize the situation any better than this man's sister.  I had all four children in my ag classes and they were all outstanding students.  They were a family you liked to be with, full of life.

If a family ever wanted to be together for Eternity, this one is it.  They are the closest I've ever met in my life and I have met some close families.

All I can say is, be careful out there.  Even if you are very careful you don't know if you are down to your last hair.

Like my friend in Kentucky, we are hangin' on like hair on a biscuit, whatever that means.

Ed


No comments:

Post a Comment