Tuesday, October 9, 2012
My Pants Are Too Big
Me, I am on the last notch and need to go back to my smaller belt sizes but so far, my pants aren't too big. They sure got big the last five years when I saw my old 38's disappear. Winkles and Kiers have big hips so it was easy to rationalize. When that spare tire got too big and uncomfortable, something had to give.
We have changed our diet a lot. We don't eat near as much red meat or carbohydrates as we used to. We just can't burn them up. The big thing is what we knew all along, eat a little for breakfast, more for lunch and less for dinner. Beware of premade, concentrated, complex foods that are hard to digest. Fast food, pizza and microwave junk have become a rarity. And, beware of that nasty Wheat Belly, beer belly and every other kind of belly out there!
Balance is difficult to achieve in this "modern society" but man has struggled with it from day one. Spiritual, mental and physical balance is just like living how we raised our kids and these little grandkids. "All I really need to know, I learned in Kindergarten." I remember our adult Sunday School teacher sharing that with us and it is oh, so true.
1. Share everything.
2. Play fair.
3. Don't hit people.
4. Put thngs back where you found them.
5. CLEAN UP YOUR OWN MESS.
6. Don't take things that aren't yours.
7. Say you're SORRY when you HURT somebody.
8. Wash your hands before you eat.
10. Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.
11. Live a balanced life - learn some and drink some and draw some and paint some and sing and dance and play and work everyday some.
12. Take a nap every afternoon.
13. When you go out into the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands, and stick together.
14. Be aware of wonder. Remember the little seed in the Stryrofoam cup: The roots go down and the plant goes up and nobody really knows how or why, but we are all like that.
15. Goldfish and hamster and white mice and even the little seed in the Styrofoam cup - they all die. So do we.
16. And then remember the Dick-and-Jane books and the first word you learned - the biggest word of all - LOOK.”
― Robert Fulghum, All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten
Have a great day, and don't eat too much chocolate!