Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Good Scouting Days

We have enjoyed many good scouting days this week.  The weather is pretty good and the crop is advancing quickly.

I scout soybeans for Asian shipment about this time of the year for the last many years.  The high dollar soybeans are Pioneer 93B82 and Porter Hybrids 4389N which is eMerge 389 clear hilum soybeans.

The few acres that went in the ground in April look excellent and everything else looks good.  Farmers mainly tried to catch the few planting days in May this year,  As always, there are some fields that don't look good and there are some not even planted south of me.

As always, I get the problem fields.  That is my job, trouble shooting problem fields.  A farmer usually asks if fertilizer or fungicide will "fix it" but my first recommendations around here is a ton of gypsum.  I am seeing good results with gypsum.

We are enjoying record cool weather which is great for humans but not great for these young soybeans and corn crops.  Will we have enough heat to mature these crops and have a successful harvest?  In Ohio and north, that may be a problem but it is what it is.

Today I just enjoy this beautiful weather and scouting.  Today's picture is scouting a field of Porter Hybrids 4366 soybeans, a  non GMO program soybean for world markets.

Ed Winkle

This is one of six blogs that were accidentally deleted with one keystroke.  I want to see where blogger puts this.

1 comment: