Sunday, September 23, 2012

Saturday


At the last minute, we decided to go see the kids and grandkids in Cleveland. LuAnn has so little time with everything she has going on and it is harvest time and there is so much to do here.

I am so glad we went. It was a dreary day at home anyway, so we enjoyed the trip up I-71. The gas prices seem to be keeping the traffic down so we cruised right up and right back in record time.

LuAnn and Caoilin have a special bond, it is so neat for me to see. She's a little sweety and loves to cuddle and read with LuAnn. The special thing for me was Finn really took to me and we read 5 little books about 20 times. He would grab a book and hand it to me and say Papaw read. He cried like crazy when we left and so did Caoilin but they are little and we keep that in perspective.

My buddy Liam made it all happen. He is so mature and independent for his age, we laid out our plans when we got there. We told them what we would do and he let us spend more time with his brother and sister. I can't wait to do something special for him.

He went to Mass with us and took it all in like an adult. He loves the music, like me, and he respects our tradition. It was a very special time for us. There was a dove descending in the stained glass beside the Crucifix and I could feel the Holy Spirit descend on us. Words can't explain but some of you know exactly what I mean.

Becky is only a few weeks from delivering the new baby, another big addition to their family and ours. Will is doing better after surgery and I can see that I need to bring him a load of firewood. We have plenty, we just have to keep cutting and splitting. He said wood is $300 a cord there near the city but its only $120 or so here.

I know LuAnn has plenty to do here and I do too but the kids grow up so fast I hate to miss a minute of it. This was a special treat for me and I just hope I can make it up to all who made it happen this week! Taking Will's lead, I made our first fire today in the living room fireplace we rarely use so that was one little thing I could do.

Next week we get to see 3 more families at our house so I hope the weather is good in a week and we all have a blast like we did this weekend!

This has been a special week thanks to a lot of special people in my life. A 12 row header, big grain cart and several semi trucks makes for a quick harvest! There are a lot of rows to go but some of the most important ones are history!

Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment