Friday, July 27, 2012

Katherine

We just enjoyed our first visit from baby Katherine. I am sure it is the first of many! Tyler has asked for his stayover at the farm so he can "ride the Mule, the Gator, daddy's 4 wheeler" and on and on.

She is one of the most active newborns I have seen. I hope Erik posts the video on Facebook so I can link it here. She is busy eating and sleeping and doesn't make much of a sound yet. LuAnn says her mother never cried until she was 6 months old.

LuAnn and I judged the flowers at the Clermont County Fair this morning. It was a very nice show, better than Monday's as usual. It's like the entrants get the eye for their plants after the first judging. Our best of show was a beautiful little vase arrangement with the subject of parrot fish. The colors looked like those fish you see when you are snorkling. Monday was a piece of wood with water flowers arranged around it with the them a river runs through it.

We got blessed with 2 inches of rain yesterday. We definitely are the greenest place we have traveled, right here at home. We should have deep kernals with this late rain on the corn crop and the beans will really put on bushels with this water.

Corn shelling has moved from Missouri to Illinois with earliest corn ready for harvest. Here is video of corn shelling in Calhoun County that was just posted.

I need to keep bush hogging fields. They look pretty good but I still have some spots. I keep sowing a little radish and rye everywhere I can. The weeds have outgrown everything else this year. How are weeds so drought hardy?

Sure wish I could show you pictures. Google, you stink.

Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment