Saturday, August 8, 2015

A Giant Step Backward

I took a giant step backward in my grief journey this past week two weeks and it nearly derailed me.  Thanks to help and compassion from my daughters, I am back on track and so grateful for their love and kindness.  As their mother, I know that they love me and will do anything to help me but I think it is greater than that.  They both loved Ed with all their hearts and would do anything to honor his memory by helping me when I am down as he would have done if he was here.

My setbacks were two fold:  being overwhelmed with work and the care of this beautiful property as well as a deep concern for two family members with major health issues. 

I needed to step back and analyze the work and property situation for what they are...just a part of normal life.... but I am doing it alone instead of with my partner.  When the garage doors, the dishwasher, the steam vacuum (all quit this week) and a major work project come at you all at once, it seems overwhelming and it is.  Ed took care of all that "stuff" so instead of them being a catastrophe, they were an annoyance.  Ed took care of all that "stuff" so I could focus on my work.  Why should I expect that I can do it all alone as well as Ed and I could do it together?  That's unrealistic.

Hiring some help to deal with the maintenance and repair issues has helped tremendously.  Things will break and things will need to be repaired, replaced, painted and caulked.  That is normal life.  So I got some help.  Hard to admit I needed it but easier once I got it!

The health issues of my two family members are not so easily resolved.  A loved one is facing a recurrence of cancer that he has fought for two years.  Another loved one is facing the inevitable decline that comes with age.  Both brought back a lot of emotions related to Ed's diagnosis and treatment.  My loved ones' situation brings back some tough questions about quality vs. quantity of life.  I miss Ed terribly but the quality of life that he had was not what he wanted for himself.  I sure wish we had had more years, though. 

So, I fell backwards into a bit of a pit these weeks.  Today, however, the sunrise was beautiful and I awoke with a new determination to keep walking forward.  God placed a dear friend in my path at the grocery store and we shared some wonderful memories of Ed and that encounter gave me joy and hope.  I had great visits with several of my grandchildren yesterday.  God is good. 

I know that the Lord, my family and my friends are walking with me and I will get back on track. 

God's Blessings, LuAnn

11 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you're doing better today. No-one can do it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With each day we have changes some good some bad, hope for you and your the good out ways the bad. Will keep you and the loved ones in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoyed learning something new from Ed's posts on new ag talk. He was such a knowledgeable and humble man. Always seemed willing to help. I know he is in a better place, as God promises us. But still makes it difficult on the grieving. Keep up the good fight. And keep writing. You do a beautiful job sharing your faith and feels. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are continuing to give yourself time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm 15 years old. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes,Parkison,Asthma,Autism,Copd,Epilepsy,Shingles,Cold Sore,Infertility, Chronic Fatigues Syndrome,Fibromyalgia,Love Spell,Prostate Cancer,Lung Cancer,Glaucoma.,psoriasis,Cirrhosis of Liver, Cataracts,Macular degeneration, Infectious mononucleosis.,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,psoriasis,
    Dementia.,Tach Disease,Breast Cancer,Blood Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Love Spell,Chronic Diarrhea,Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Weak Erection,Breast Enlargment,Penis Enlargment,Hpv,measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria)Diabetes Hepatitis even Cancer I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ . I also chat with him on what's app +2348149277967 he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guild lines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine,He's a Great Man.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you're trying to lose fat then you certainly need to try this brand new tailor-made keto diet.

    To design this keto diet service, licenced nutritionists, fitness trainers, and professional chefs united to develop keto meal plans that are powerful, painless, price-efficient, and satisfying.

    Since their grand opening in early 2019, 100's of clients have already remodeled their body and well-being with the benefits a proper keto diet can give.

    Speaking of benefits: in this link, you'll discover eight scientifically-tested ones given by the keto diet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Water Hack Burns 2lb of Fat OVERNIGHT

    Over 160,000 women and men are hacking their diet with a simple and SECRET "liquid hack" to lose 1-2 lbs each and every night in their sleep.

    It's easy and works with everybody.

    Here's how to do it yourself:

    1) Hold a drinking glass and fill it half the way

    2) And then use this awesome hack

    and you'll become 1-2 lbs lighter the next day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice & Informative Blog !
    In case you are searching for the best technical services for QuickBooks, call us at QuickBooks Error 15106 1-855-977-7463 and get impeccable technical services for QuickBooks. We make use of the best knowledge for solving your QuickBooks issues.

    ReplyDelete