Thursday, January 17, 2013

Details

We are down to  last minute details.  Things are coming together like this was God's plan, not ours.  I can't believe the hurdles we've crossed to be able to do this or even travel at all.

I can't wait to give a big hug to the Pellow's Monday.  They are such wonderful people, close friends in a distant land and we've only met once.  That one time was enough for a lifetime of friendship.  They farm in a peaceful valley one hour south of Auckland near the villOKage of Onewhero.  Try to pronounce that the first time.  It is spoken like Aneephero.  Wh is ph in the native language.

Calcium nitrate just might be the magic tool to get Chris's yield up to tillage corn yield levels.  I have discovered this past year the average farmer gets 20 more bushels per acre by putting a little alongside the seed trench.  I know his soil and his fertility program and this just may be the answer.  I hope we get to find out!

There is no magic in farming or traveling or relationships, it just seems like magic when the right chemistry and biology come together.  Follwing God's plan for my life reveals a life that really seems like magic to me.  When I am in step everything flows.  When I get out of step the whole world comes crashing down on me.  Each day is one repreive.

Some days I really wonder why we are here.  Why did He pick me and you to do His work?  Would I have known any difference if he hadn't?  I clearly see what happens when you don't figure this out, you get a life of misery instead of joy and peace.  I have great joy and peace at this moment.  I wish that for all beings not just myself.  So, I pray for God's Will for everyone I know and don't know.

This wasn't intended to be a lecture or a mini sermon, just what I am doing to complete last minute details.  Instead of getting scatter brained like I did most of my life, we have planned this out since the day we booked this trip months ago.  Every thing we have done has been to progress us to this point.

My farm plan is the same way.  I have been planning this out since the day I planted my first crop in 1963.  I didn't know it then but I was going to learn from every mistake.  I hate repreating the same mistake expecting better results.  I am open to try about anything,, thus our trip to Australia finally after hearing those faint CW signals the same year I planted my first corn.

Just like life and society has changed, my farming plan has greatly changed the last nine years.  I am doing things today I didn't do in 2004 because I knew to do them then, I just didn't think they were that important.  NoTill, cover crops for biology and calcium for chemistry.  How you mix the three is really important, just like every step we will take from Martinsville to Auckland.  There is nothing like a fine tuned machine or a fine tuned plan!

That's what's happening today.  I was going to share a link to how 11 states have more takers now than makers.  I hope this is not the indication on the path for America but I think it is.

Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment